Did you know that magic played an important role in people’s lives? That ancient magic was particularly used to solve everyday problems and challenges? It was about:
- Protection from danger,
- healing of diseases,
- advice on important decisions,
- the hope of success in one’s profession,
- recognition and popularity,
- help in the face of injustice and slander,
- and for finding the partner of your dreams.
And what we have all wished for at one time or another: To be a good singer.
The next post is about the magicians: 60 seconds of ancient magic: The role of the magicians
About the papyrus:
Top part: Ritual instruction in -> Coptic for a good singing voice. Papyrus P.CtYBR inv. 1791, 7th century AD. (C) Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University
Link to the Papyrus on the website of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University